Wednesday, September 24, 2014

My last update was dated 19 August 2011. Yes! 2011! That was slightly more than 3 years ago. Xavier was only about 13 months old (1 day before he reached 13th months) then. Time and tides wait for no man and just as much as I hope that time will come to a standstill so that I could savour the sweetness of his toddler's year, standing before me now is a charming and cheeky boy. 

Today marked an important milestone of his growing up years. Today is the first school excursion he has without daddy and mummy by his side. Since last night, wifey and myself could sense that he was rather apprehensive. Just as much as he tried to hide it, nothing escapes daddy and mummy's eyes. Asked him several times if he was ok. As usual, he replied "ok" in a barely audible voice which has become a tell-tale sign whenever he is feeling frightened.

Finally the time for him to put on his uniform and made his way to the school. Try asking anyone in the family and they will all unanimously agreed that it is almost impossible to stop Xavier from talking and asking questions for someone who is so active and curious. However,  at this point onwards, he started to become very quiet and his expression tells it all.



Simply can't describe the ernomous pride I feel whenever I see him wearing his school uniform. I am simply so so proud of my little man.

He kept very quiet throughout the journey to his school. All he did was just holding on tightly to my hand. Finally, we reached his school. Sensing that he was trying very hard to hide his fear, I knelt down and hugged him tightly, assuring him that I was very proud of him and that he was doing great. At this point, he finally broke down and cried. He said he was scared and wanted me to go with him. I wished I could but even if I could, I won't. That's because I believe and have faith in my little man, that he is a brave and independant boy who is able to overcome all odds and that includes his fear. 

To cut the long strong short, he did it and I am so proud of him. 



Before he board the bus,he was very happy to hear that I will be at his school to pick him up after his excursion. So, happily he boarded the bus. And off the bus went.



I am looking forward to his return and listening to his adventure. When that happens, he will just keep on talking and talking non-stop. Meanwhile, let me just enjoy this short-lived peace. 


No comments: